1:34pm Wednesday 6th March 2013 in Freetime
As part of SPAM Appreciation Week (March 4 to March 10 2013), here's a recipe for carbonara with a twist.
1 x 340g can of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham with Garlic, cut into 1cm cubes
2 shallots finely chopped
200ml single cream
100g Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh parsley - finely chopped
1) Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the instructions on the packet.
2) Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham with Garlic (cubed) and fry for 2 minutes, then add the finely chopped shallots and cook for a further 3 minutes.
3) Lightly beat together the eggs and cream. Add a large handful of the grated Parmesan and beat into the cream mixture, with plenty of salt and pepper and the chopped parsley
4) Drain the pasta well and quickly return to the pan. Add the SPAM® mixture and the cream mixture and toss well together so the heat from the pasta slightly thickens the sauce
5) Divide between four warm bowls and top with a good grinding of black pepper, and a grating of Parmesan.
6) Serve with fresh leafy salad
You can follow SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham on Facebook www.facebook.com/OfficialSPAMUK and Twitter www.twitter.com/OfficialSPAMUK