Military medal awarded to Lambeth-born war hero to be auctioned
A military medal awarded to a Lambeth-born war hero is expected to fetch up to £400 at auction.
Private John Alldis served aboard HMS Bonaventure during WWI and was present at the Anglo-French expiation to the New Hebrides Islands in 1905.
He retired to Acton after 32 years of service.
The medal will be sold with his private diary and photo albums.
Bidding will begin at Bloomsbury House on Wednesday November 6 at 10:30am.
- Rail delays for travellers in south London
- Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen and the Killers could be heading for Clapham Common
- Crystal Palace Transition Town to launch community guide
- Man, 78, dies after being hit by car in South Norwood
- CCTV installed at all 73 First Capital Connect stations