Did you lose a pet rat near Streatham police station?
It is about four inches long with piebald fur.
Jill Collier, of Gleneldon Road, discovered the rat in her garden and is caring for it at home after All Pets pet shop on Amesbury Avenue lent her a cage.
She said: "I first thought it was a hamster. But when it didn't run away as I got closer I became convinced it was used to people. I only realised it was a rat when I saw its tail."
Mrs Cooper, who is considering naming the rat "Houdini", after the famous escape artist, said the rat likes to run up her arm but doesn't bite.
Claimants must provide a full description of the rat to prove they are the owners.
Is this your rat? Call 020 8722 6392 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The union is WRONG: Here are the facts about Young Reporter and praise for our scheme
- "We need to have a frank debate about the cost of rising prison population", says chief prison inspector
- You've had your lot: Met Office issues 'final' weather warning but London and Surrey unlikely to see snow
- 70th wedding anniversary couple met at school 81 years ago
- With two thirds of buses estimated to be hit by Thursday's bus strikes - which buses can you use?