'Fit mums not fat bums': Angry parents protest demand creche at Streatham Hub
Streatham mums have rallied together to call for a crèche at Lambeth Council's £26m hub development.
Members of Streatham Mums' Network waved placards with big pants, signed: "Pants to Lambeth: Fit Mums not Fat Bums", at a demonstration outside the new leisure centre on Tuesday morning.
Streatham MP Chuka Umunna told the angry mums their concerns would be followed up.
Samantha Thomas, a protesting parent, said: "Hopefully we can make Lambeth Council change their minds about crèche provision; especially when exercise has been known to have enormous benefits for mothers and helps reduce depression, body anxiety and post-natal depression."
Mums have already collected 482 signatures for their petition demanding crèche facilities at the new Streatham leisure centre.
- Protest planned as hospital shut-down clause debated in Parliament
- Crystal Palace search for next generation of futsal stars
- Death-trap bedsits landlord fined £25,000
- New Thameslink train displayed at Sutton Station
- Streatham councillor elected new Lambeth Lib Dem leader
Comments are closed on this article.