'Fit mums not fat bums': Angry parents protest demand creche at Streatham Hub
Streatham mums have rallied together to call for a crèche at Lambeth Council's £26m hub development.
Members of Streatham Mums' Network waved placards with big pants, signed: "Pants to Lambeth: Fit Mums not Fat Bums", at a demonstration outside the new leisure centre on Tuesday morning.
Streatham MP Chuka Umunna told the angry mums their concerns would be followed up.
Samantha Thomas, a protesting parent, said: "Hopefully we can make Lambeth Council change their minds about crèche provision; especially when exercise has been known to have enormous benefits for mothers and helps reduce depression, body anxiety and post-natal depression."
Mums have already collected 482 signatures for their petition demanding crèche facilities at the new Streatham leisure centre.
- Firefighters to go on strike again over pensions dispute
- Tribute for world renowned dancer who died in Norbury house fire
- Clapham man faces murder charge after death of James Fiennes
- Man charged with murder after death in Mortlake
- UPDATE: Tapas bar murder inquiry launched - police seek witnesses
Comments are closed on this article.