Two people treated for smoke inhalation after house fire in Tankerville Road, Streatham Common
Two people had to be taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire tore through a house in Streatham Common yesterday.
The man and woman got out of the Tankerville Road property before fire crews arrived at around 2.30pm yesterday but had breathed in quite a lot of smoke.
Firefighters took about four hours to bring the blaze under control and remained at the scene throughout the night to dampen down remaining hot spots in hard to reach areas.
The fire caused severe damage to the ground floor, first floor and the roof of the house.
And an aerial ladder platform went to the scene from Clapham fire station.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- Fire breaks out at Tooting construction site
- Two jailed for Clapham knife point robbery
- Dance legends Above and Beyond to headline SW4 Weekender festival
- Car crashes into road sign in Tooting
- Crystal Palace cheerleader vying for Miss England title
Comments are closed on this article.