Two people treated for smoke inhalation after house fire in Tankerville Road, Streatham Common
Two people had to be taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire tore through a house in Streatham Common yesterday.
The man and woman got out of the Tankerville Road property before fire crews arrived at around 2.30pm yesterday but had breathed in quite a lot of smoke.
Firefighters took about four hours to bring the blaze under control and remained at the scene throughout the night to dampen down remaining hot spots in hard to reach areas.
The fire caused severe damage to the ground floor, first floor and the roof of the house.
And an aerial ladder platform went to the scene from Clapham fire station.
The cause of the fire is now under investigation.
- Family trying to trace fire hero
- Commercial Feature: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- PICTURES: Flat badly damaged following fire
- Six engines tackling flat blaze
- Police hunting for thieves who stole van carrying up to 300 blood samples call off the search due to lack of evidence
Comments are closed on this article.