Your News: Do you know more about the Gipsy Hill Railway Station sign?
2:00pm Friday 14th February 2014 in News
Some years ago,at a local auction, I bought the very large (10 foot by 3 foot) green sign which used to be displayed above the entrance to Gipsy Hill Station probably between 1950 right up to privatisation in 1991.
I am not at all sure how it managed to find its way to North Yorkshire but it now hangs on a garden wall and is still in very good condition.
Would any reader know a little more about the sign than I do, or does anyone have a photograph of the sign when it was fully employed and earning its keep?
Based on information supplied by Mike Sharpe.
- Firefighters to go on strike again over pensions dispute
- Tribute for world renowned dancer who died in Norbury house fire
- Clapham man faces murder charge after death of James Fiennes
- Man charged with murder after death in Mortlake
- UPDATE: Tapas bar murder inquiry launched - police seek witnesses
Comments are closed on this article.