Your News: Do you know more about the Gipsy Hill Railway Station sign?
Updated 2:02pm Friday 14th February 2014 in News
Some years ago,at a local auction, I bought the very large (10 foot by 3 foot) green sign which used to be displayed above the entrance to Gipsy Hill Station probably between 1950 right up to privatisation in 1991.
I am not at all sure how it managed to find its way to North Yorkshire but it now hangs on a garden wall and is still in very good condition.
Would any reader know a little more about the sign than I do, or does anyone have a photograph of the sign when it was fully employed and earning its keep?
Based on information supplied by Mike Sharpe.
- Dog walker describes moment man punched woman on Tooting Common
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Behind-the-scenes: Imperial War Museum to showcase 1,300 new items after £40m revamp
- Heatwave alert issued as temperatures set to reach 29 degrees in London
- Missing girl, 8, believed to have been taken from mother by Bolivia-bound father
Comments are closed on this article.