Your News: Do you know more about the Gipsy Hill Railway Station sign?
2:00pm Friday 14th February 2014 in News
Some years ago,at a local auction, I bought the very large (10 foot by 3 foot) green sign which used to be displayed above the entrance to Gipsy Hill Station probably between 1950 right up to privatisation in 1991.
I am not at all sure how it managed to find its way to North Yorkshire but it now hangs on a garden wall and is still in very good condition.
Would any reader know a little more about the sign than I do, or does anyone have a photograph of the sign when it was fully employed and earning its keep?
Based on information supplied by Mike Sharpe.
- Death-trap bedsits landlord fined £25,000
- New Thameslink train displayed at Sutton Station
- Streatham councillor elected new Lambeth Lib Dem leader
- Man sectioned after samurai sword attack in cafe caught on camera
- VIDEO: Vivienne Westwood joins protest against housing sell-off in Clapham