A driver has been arrested and released on bail after an elderly man was killed in a road collision in Streatham last week.
Police said the 85-year-old man was mowed down by a van in Streatham Hill, near the junction with Telford Avenue, involving a van and a pedestrian, on Tuesday, April 22.
Sri Lankan-born Kaluarachige Kodituwakku, who lived nearby, later died at St George's Hospital.
A post-mortem examination will be scheduled in due course.
The driver of the van, a Blue VW Transporter, stopped at the scene.
The man, aged 37, was subsequently arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and bailed pending further enquiries to a date in mid-July.
It is understood the pedestrian was crossing Streatham Hill at the time of the collision and he was not using a designated crossing point.
Detectives from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Catford Traffic Garage are carrying out enquiries.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information are asked to call police on 020 8285 1574.
- NHS workers out on strike again over 'fair pay'
- Why did the headteacher jump ship? 9 stories you must read today
- Chaos as Clapham Junction station "closed due to overcrowding"
- Fourth man to appear in court accused of violent Wimbledon burglary and attack on Paul Kohler
- RSPCA investigates as kitten is put down after horrific slice wound to its stomach