Kingstonian boss rues his bad luck as new signing climbs onto the treatment table

Dowson’s troubled defenders are dropping like flies

Short-lived Sobers: Ks new defender Jerome Sobers, here is in Bromley days, is a new addition to the injury list SP52172

Penny for your thoughts: Ks boss Alan Dowson has much to consider ahead of this weekend's visit of Bognor Regis

New man Harding: Dowson has brought in the former Carshalton Athletic midfielder Harry Harding from Bromley SP70840

First published in Sport Streatham Guardian: Photograph of the Author by , Sports editor

Kingstonian boss Alan Dowson has that feeling that the world is against him after new signing Jerome Sobers pulled his hamstring and has been ruled out for some weeks.

With Gary MacDonald also on the injury list, and Tom Hutchinson released, Dowson is finding himself very thin at the back.

These defensive frailties saw Ks concede four goals for the third time in four games with a 4-3 defeat at Canvey Island in the Ryman League Premier Division on Saturday, and it means Dowson’s men have not won in the League since mid-October.

Dowson has also brought in the former Carshalton Athletic midfielder Harry Harding, from Bromley, and full-back Nathan Green, from Billericay.

“Since the beginning of the season I’ve not been able to put out my first 11. It’s crazy,” Dowson said.

“Not only have I got players injured, I am also missing Simon Huckle through suspension. And now I’ve got Bognor coming here on Saturday and they are in good form. Apart from that, everything is fine.”

Dowson has also released midfielder Sam Clayton. Ks host fourth-place Bognor Regis this weekend.

Dowson appeared on the club’s website after the Canvey game ranting and raving about the poor showing from his team’s defence but, now the dust has settled, he has calmed down.

During the online interview, Dowson said: “If I was in the back four I would hang my head in shame. How can we look each other in the eye after that performance?”

However, Dowson now toes a different line. He said: “That was about five minutes after the final whistle, I’d had a rant in the dressing room, came out and there was a camera in my face. I need to wait 20 minutes.

"But the boys and I have spoken and we’re all trying to put things right together.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree